So, you've found yourself with five minutes of downtime at the restaurant and decide to spend it posting on your Facebook Page or Instagram. Great! But then it hits you...
"what should I post?"
Everybody can use some inspiration now and then, so we've put together 30 post ideas for those times your mind goes blank.
Use them as a jump off point, or print out this list and stick it up in the office for those times you need a quick resource.
- Best selling menu item
- Bartender making a cocktail
- Key ingredient of popular dish
- Ask followers their favorite menu item
- Answer a question guests frequently ask
- Highlight and introduce longest employee
- Staff birthday shoutout
- Show who’s behind the bar
- Show who’s hosting / hostessing
- Reshare a guest’s photo you’re tagged in (but ask first!)
- Invite followers to upcoming event
- Share a fun fact relevant to products you sell / industry
- Ask for feedback on new menu item
- Share a recipe for items similar to what’s on your menu
- Show what happens pre-service
- Show who’s making guests’ meals today
- Thank a guest for a positive review
- Shoutout vendors or nonprofit partners
- Introduce new team member
- Share the daily specials and inspiration behind them
- Ask followers to guess how many _____ you go through per day (tomatoes, avocados, choose an ingredient used often)
- Host a Q&A on Facebook Live with Chef
- Ask followers to choose from 3 ingredients to be used in upcoming special / menu item
- Show what’s on tap
- Cross promote a new local beer with brewery
- Share some history about your building or restaurant
- Snapshot a day in the life of a manager through a picture
- Recommend a beverage pairing with popular dishes
- Tell story behind artwork, design piece in your restaurant
- Share a photo (with permission) of a regular and thank them for their loyalty
Have any more ideas you'd like to add?
Let us know in the comments.